Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Last Day Reflections: What an awesome Creator we have!

Well, today is my last day here in the UAE. I fly out tonight at 10:35 pm, have a layover in Atlanta and arrive in Louisville tomorrow at 9:45 in the morning. I can't believe it has already been a month and that I have to leave. Seems like just yesterday I was nervous about getting on a plane for 14 hours, and now I am about to do it again, only difference, I am far less nervous. Last night Diane, Drew and I went to eat at the Mugg and Bean one last time and I bought for them this time, I hope it showed a little bit of thanks and appreciation for them having me for the month. I am so thankful, more than they know. This has been more than anything I could have ever thought up. I didn't want to go to bed last night because it was my last one here, and I really didn't sleep well, but I had an awesome view of the full moon on the ocean from my room so that was wonderful. As I write this, I am sitting on the balcony, just enjoying the sun, the heat and the beautiful view from our flat one more time. Diane should be home soon, I have finished up laundry and packed. I went down and enjoyed the pool one last time today, that was sad. Diane and I will head to the airport around 7 tonight and I will get there around 8 or so. I am not really looking forward to going through passport control and all the stuff the airport involves, but oh well. I have been to 4 countries this past month, The United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Israel, and Oman. And on the day after the anniversary of the birth of The United States of America, I will be back there. I am blessed! Each country I visited was unique and beautiful in its own way. I still can't believe saw Jerusalem either. Wow. Diane has been so good to me, and very generous, without her, I wouldn't have been able to be here or see all that I did, I am very thankful the Lord provided this opportunity and blessed me with Diane as a wonderful host and friend. This world has so many beautiful places, countries and people. I have experienced just a little of that on this trip. What a wonderful, beautiful and amazing creator we have. There are so many people different from me and it has been somewhat challenging but very fulfilling to experience another's culture and ways of life. God created it all and all of us. He is so awesome people, so awesome! I will post one more time after I arrive home, to tell about the 17 hours worth of flights and to close out my experiences with this amazing trip. I am not really ready to leave, but I know I need to get back home and continue on with being a college grad. Thanks for the wonderful graduation trip Diane! I had always dreamed of seeing the world and traveling internationally. This is only the beginning and you helped make that possible! I am blessed. Thank you God!

1 comment: